describe_series - print summary information about a series
Print detailed structure information about a series.
describe_series [-jGEN_FLAGS] seriesname
Print the global information about the data series including summary information about:
- the number of records
- the highest record number
- the number of records with distinct primary index
- the total disk space used, average bytes per record on disk
- the estimate bytes per record in memory
- the range of prime key values
-j: print out series information in JSD format.
- Ubiquitous flags present in every module. DRMS common main program
- See also:
- create_series - create a new DRMS series from a .jsd file delete_series - delete an existing DRMS series modify_series show_info - Examine a dataseries structure or contents jsoc_info - same as show info, except that can output json and run under cgi-bin